Menu Close


Stoneham’s Old Armory!

Taken in the 1920’s, the photo is of the old Armory on the corner of Flint Ave. and Main St. It is the current location of the Rosetree Plaza. The “old” Armory was built in 1884, as a roller polo rink. It later became the armory for Company H of the Sixth Massachusetts Infantry. After being purchased by the town in 1894, graduations, town meetings, banquets, movies, and other social events were held here until the present town hall was erected in 1939. The building was razed in August of 1970.